- Waking up in an empty house on Christmas morning.
2. When my married friends are trying to be helpful with ideas to find my future husband and begin with “What if you…?”
3. Three words: Bridal. Bouquet. Toss.
4. When a guy who makes me uncomfortable wants my phone number and I can’t honestly say “Sorry, I have a boyfriend.”
5. When there are layoffs at work and I feel financially vulnerable.
6. Those times at about 10 p.m. when all I need is a warm hug and someone to tell me I’m not crazy, chubby, or a bad writer.
7. When I make an awesome dinner but end up eating it alone.
8. Dinners that included the dreaded 5th wheel situation (and I’m the 5th wheel).
9. Any Bible study specifically for women at church because women’s studies always seem to be geared toward women with families.
10. Vacation time when I either have to spend it alone or search for people to spend time with me.